MR-8 Remaining time problem HELP!!

auptain1

Hoping someone can help me solve this problem.

When I set up my MR-8 to record (and I follow the directions for recording in the book) I arm my track, then arm the record button and play.....so far so good.....Now here's the problem....the remaining time that is shown for my flash card doesn't move/countdown.....it does nothing but continue to show 24 or 48 minutes (depending either 24 normal mode, 48 extended mode). So, because it isn't counting down nothing is being recorded even though everything is set up to do so. The machine is reading the card, but it is like the card is frozen or something. I am using the factory card that came with the recorder and I the recorder is loaded with version 1.04.

Can you help me out, as the last time I used the recorder I didn't have any trouble. This problem just started last night. I have only had the recorder a month or so and used it a couple of times.

Needing help FAST, as I need to use the recorder this week in a class I am teaching.

HELP!!!!!

I'd say you need to start from scratch.
Re-boot, and format the card. Enter the normal or extended mode and enter the song name.
Check to make sure you don't have the song protected.
Can't think of anything else, but I'll keep pondering.

bd

Keep pondering

BD,

Intrestingly enough, I went in and tried what you suggested. (I also went thru the process a dozen times last night with no avail).
I checked to see if protect was on..and it wasn't, I even deleted the unused just in case. Anyway, after going thru the process, I armed track 1, pressed the record..then pressed play....and believe it or not the remain time started working. BUT....when I went back to do it again it is like it is frozen up AGAIN!

It's almost like I punched something in the button pushing I tend to do out of frustration...or something with the CF card or slot.

I am totally bumfuzzled....so keep pondering for me if you would. I am quite frustrated. There is a Fostex repair center here in Knoxville, and if I can't figure something out this weekend I am making a bee-line for those guys first thing Monday morning.

Ponder, ponder, ponder.....or bang my head against the wall ...one of the other, and sometimes both.

auptain1

Figured out

BD,

Can you believe, after studying on how I was arming the buttons, I realized that when I armed the track button, then armed the record button, I wasn't holding the record AND play button at the same time!

I also have a tascam 788 portastudio, in which you don't have to arm the actual record button. It has a separate record button, but I still should have remembered to push play and record simoultaneously....as every cassette recorder and other recorders I have used, have the same universal way to record!

How stupid am I!!! Even after I read thru all the manual, it dawned on me as I was pondering, as to how I was pushing the buttons.

I can't believe it.

But thanks for making me go back thru and start from scratch. If it weren't for the forum, I guess I would have chalked it up to me messing it up somehow.

Thanks again.

auptain1

Good deal, wow......aren't you glad you didn't run off to the repair center? Sounds like something I would do!!!

bd :D

HOLY CRAP!

I found this thread late, but that was what I was going to guess (the rec+play=record) because I had the same brain fart for about an hour the other day.

I missed my chance to actually be of some assistance to someone!!!

Back