let's hear from the VF80 crew

jman

As you all know I have been comparing the 788 mr8 and the vf80. It's getting close to purchase time and I am leaning towards the VF80. I'd like to hear some of your projects on the vf80. Billisa I think you were in the same situation as me and chose the VF80.

post your links.

Thanks

I did post this recently, but as you ask and with apologies to those who either listened to or chose not to last time, Change Your Mind Back at www.nowhereradio.com/vella/singles was recorded on a VF-80.

There have been quite a few others, mostly rather more accomplished than this, posted in recent months so a search or a dig through the older pages will help.

Hope you enjoy the VF if that's what you choose.

Best wishes

Garry

What can I say?

I like the VF80, though I'm sure fine stuff could be made on the TASCAM. My VF80 seems VERY well made, it's portable, it burns CD's with a fine Plextor burner built in, and since I don't require more than 2track at once recording, it's well within my needs. Plus the mixer is digital, and it has 2 built in XLR/phantom power inputs. I think there's always a fear of getting the "wrong" thing, but any way you go, you can make great recordings. Why not buy from a place that has a long return policy? Musician's Friend for one. Also, check out the price at JD Sound... MF will match it. Or perhaps buy it from JD. You can find them on the web.

Garry your recording sounds great. Very clear.
I can't believe there are not more folks showing off their stuff made with the VF80 though.

I bought my VF80cdr from JDSound, 100 bucks cheaper than any other place I could find on the net... $599.00...

:p :D :)

Having a blast!

Garry Sharp said:
Hey Bill - you're making commercials on yours, are you not?
How's it going?

Garry

Hey Garry! it's working out really well. I did a 60 second tekno spot while away on vacation that I'm very happy with... I'd post it, but I haven't a clue how. In addition, my son has done a few songs that sound great (in my view), and in general my sense is the VF80 is a lot of machine for the money.

Back