I hate to say it, but I'm sick of my MR8. I need more tracks more tracks more tracks

junplugged

Taking the slow road
Ok, now that I have nice monitors, BX5. And I've been reading that book I can't put down - Behind the Glass, And mostly - the fact that I have a few mics - Now I want to mic close, distant and all simultaneously and in stereo. So now I want a bigger mixer, and ability to record at least 4 tracks simultaneously. I think my old Tascam 488 might record 4 tracks at a time. I don't think I can go back to analog! but I could just mix down to my mr8. rant rant rant, the weather in ny is perfect today, i gotta get out of the basement.

Must...resist...becoming....Pete.....Halo.....

ARGH!!!!!

Same problem - went with the VF160. Same great Fostex taste with 16 separate tracks, tons of space, and 8 track simultaneous out of the box.

mr8

try n track , is 88 tracks enough?

i have a 16 channel mixer, mic what i want record to mr8, move tracs to pc, mix , mix all down to one track put back on mr8 as a go by for recrding more tracks and repeat....

only 50 bucks , lots cheaper the a new recorder, and the results are better then any daw on the market

Well, I think I'm going to have to try N-tracks, finally. I hate using the PC for stuff I hate the mouse and screen switching and stuff, I don't even know if my PC is powerful enough for it.

Good idea, tho, I guess that's the quickest solution for now, hey, there's a light at the end of the tunnell.

junplugged -

Somehow I thought you were already mixing on N. It works great with the MR-8, works on a crappy PC, and has a clean interface. Problem is the frequent copy/paste from MR-8, and you're still limited to two track simultaneous record.

For all the hype about recording directly to a PC, just check out the other forums and see how far you can get before someone else complains about levels, glitches, drop outs, etc.

Back