Fostex WAV won't run on my Mac

mrkgtr49

Hi all. My name's Mark, and I have acquired a used MR16. I am new to multitrack recording, but so far the machine is doing what it's supposed to do, and I've recorded some band demos with it. Now I'd like to upload them to my computer.
I've downloaded Fostex WAV software to my Mac, but when I try to open it, I get the message that it (the program) stopped unexpectedly. My Mac has the proper OS (per the specs Fostex provides in the manual), and I can't find any other problems that might cause this, so I'm stuck.
Anyone know of another way to copy songs off the recorder onto a Mac? Another software program maybe??
I've sent an email to info@AmericanMusicAndSound, the Fostex USA tech support site, but have received no response, so I'm not hopeful of receiving any factory help.
Thanks to all who read this. Special thanks to any who have a possible solution!

Mark, the WAV uploader wouldn't work on my MacBook Pro - wrong OS was the problem. It will work on an older machine, and the Windows version works on an old Windows machine I have. So, although this is kind of a clunky arrangement, what I've done is use the older Windows machine to transfer the files from my MR8HD. Once on my Windows machine, I upload the entire folder to my dropbox account, then download to my Mac for processing in Reaper.

It works, but it makes me sigh with impatience every time I have to do it.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Somebody should try the WAV uploaded with Windows10. Win10 has been running a number of programs for me that I haven't been able to run since Windows95! Very surprising.

Paj
8^)

Hello Paj
My name is Marc too - but with a "c" :-)
Since I updated to W10, I've encountered some troubleshooting : The WavManager works fine, but I can't access to the folders with the all the files while having my MR16 ins USB mode.
It worked fine before, same computer (W7), same USB ports. The MR16 is identified somehow, but I get no response while trying to explore it. Any clue ?
It's working though on another W10 upgraded comp (laptop)... I have no clue & it's very frustrating...
Thanks for your help (- or anyone's) !
Marc

Back