Fostex vf160ex cd duplication

EVT

Hello everybody,
I am having difficulty duplicating cd's that I create off of the fostex. I am getting a failure message. I looked in the manual and thought the copyright was the problem, but I see that it was on off "default".

So when I burn a cd from the internal cd burner, I can't copy it on another cd burner? Is there something I can do to make it work? Is there a specific kind of cdr that needs to be used? Why can't it be recognized? I don't have trouble burning duplicated from any other source.

Thanks for your help....
evt

I sounds to me like you are burning the session to cd. In other words, it's only burning the data. You have to go into the mastering mode and set it up there to burn the .wav file to cd. I can't get more specific than that, since I own the MR-8, but that is what I have read in the manual. I looked it over when I was considering buying one. I will read it again and give you better instructions...

Yep, it's described in detail on page 120-122 of the manual. You have to load the files into the clipboard in order to burn them to CD. Read it over, and follow it step by step, and you shouldn't have a problem...

Hi...
actually, it's a bit more complicated... I forgot to mention. I actually have the songs recorded on my older vf16 (without a burner), so I record theeach individual son out into my HBB burnit cd recorder. Then I upload them into the newer fostex vf160ex as audio files. So, I then just save them and don't have to do the internal mixdown. When I do this, the cd works fine, and what's cool about this is that I can actually adjust the volumes on the newer fostex and I just save the first scene with the channel and master fader fix on. When I listen to the cd, I can hear which songs need to be lower, or louder etc.

But, even though the cd sounds on any player, it won't copy. :0(
So, that would mean that every time I need to burn the cd's it would have to be from the fostex, which is slow in comparison to just burning it on a standalone cd duplicator that I use solely for making copies.

thank you Rokket... I hope I can get it to work...
evt

The weird thing about this is that even with the copy protection 'ON', you should still be able to make one copy. I suspect it's something to do with the CD brand or type.
Just to be clear: the CD you make on the fostex will play on other recorders, right?
If you put it in a computer and use 'explore' do the tracks show as .cda?

Orc

it works when i put it in different players. In my mac, it comes up as an audio file. But what I am noticing now is that it saves an extra track with 0:00 on it. I don't know why it's doing this, and maybe that's why it is failing when I try to make a copy?? I don't know why it's adding another track with nothing on it.
evt

I don' t believe that it would add this extra track in the past. Although it wouldn't copy either in the past, so I'm not sure what's really happening here.
thanks for helping me
evt

Use nero or some other program and extract the audio from the CD to a wav file then burn an audio Cd from your computer.

Also check to see it the CD is finalized or try to finalize it on your PC.

I copy Cd's all the time that I mixdown on my VF160.

I still haven't awakened yet, but I'll jump in. Even as I think you've loaded on to the VF160, in order to get a fully compatible CDR you have to Master the uploaded song, creating a new "MIX..." of that song. Burn a disc from that mix and you should have any issues. I've done this and it's no problem.

I hope this relates/helps.

Bill

I ended up having to disable events on the setup right before recording them from the internal drive. I had added a scene on one of the songs where I adjusted the eq. The other songs, I just adjusted the volume of the 1 and 2 stereo track, and the master fader with fader recall on ch and master. I did this to adjust the volumes to sound equal, but with one of the songs was too low, so I tried adding a little eq to raise the volume. I think because of that, I would have had to do the internal mixdown.

I am just recording out from the fostex onto a cd on my hhb cd burner. Then I am uploading the songs onto the vf16 as audio files onto tracks one and two. This way I can make a cd without having to do an internal mixdown, I can adjust the volumes, and place them in the order I want them to be on the cd.

thanks for your help...
evt

Internal mixxown... I just don't know how to do it, and I looked at the manual and it looks a bit of a pain, although I know I need to learn how to do it. I think the manual was a bit unclear to me in regards to the internal mixdown procedure, so I kind of shut down to it. How do you do it? :confused: evt

Back