Fostex vf160ex

idkDude

Is anyone here familiar with the 16 track Fostex VF160EX. I could use some technical support. I've had it about ten years with no problems. But, recently the CD-R/RW drive is giving me trouble. I mixed down a track and when I tried to burn it to CD, the display says there is an error and prompts me to erase or eject. I've tried a few completely blank CDs and the same thing happens. If I try to erase it just ejects anyway. Does anyone have suggestions? If anyone is familiar with this unit, I could use some help with a few of the functions too. I know the basics really well but there are certain things I'm unsure about. Thanks.

Is anyone here familiar with the 16 track Fostex VF160EX. I could use some technical support. I've had it about ten years with no problems. But, recently the CD-R/RW drive is giving me trouble. I mixed down a track and when I tried to burn it to CD, the display says there is an error and prompts me to erase or eject. I've tried a few completely blank CDs and the same thing happens. If I try to erase it just ejects anyway. Does anyone have suggestions? If anyone is familiar with this unit, I could use some help with a few of the functions too. I know the basics really well but there are certain things I'm unsure about. Thanks.

Did you do a master of the material before trying to copy on CD? I think this happened to me once or twice and I thought machine had died but I missed a step or something and then it was OK. Go back am check your steps.

It was from an internal mixdown. I tried to burn a different internal mixdown of another song and the same thing happened. I'm just doing the same thing I've done hundreds of times before, so I have no idea what's up at this point.

Thanks. I read something on another post about that but I'm a little unclear. Is there anyway you can explain how I can tell whether it's pinched or not and how best to go about straightening it out?

Back