Fostex VF160

HWB

I am a new user of a Fostex VF160. This evening when I turned it on, the screen read "No Drive" After pushing every button on the machine, the normal start up screen came up. Please tell me why this happening and if I may have done something to cause the problem.

Fostex VF160 Foot Pedal causing "No Drive" message

I discovered that leaving my foot pedal plugged in was causing the "No Drive" message to appear on start up and causing the machine to freeze up till I got rid of that message. I heard from someone else that the same thing happened to him. I guess I'll have to unplug the pedal after using it to avoid this from happening.

NoDrive

Mine does it too. I have had every version of SW on it. It goes away after a minute or so, when it finds the drive. Leaving a zip plugged in with no disk, Turning off the other end of an ADAT or SPDIF device will also lock it.

Otherwise I love the VF16. It is a great multitracker for collecting 16 tracks at once and then doing a rough mix.

I am struggling with the result of the exported wave files not sounding as good after mix in Nuendo as they do out of the Fozzi. Man it makes the group sound just like they are playing in the room.

Wild Phil Harmonica

'No Drive" Fostex VF160

Thanks for the reply. I'm learning things about the machine almost daily. The manual isn't well written in my opinion and it sure helps to have other users share their experiences.

Back