Fostex MR8-mkII

randecarl

Is anyone using the MR8-mkII? I know it is on the low end, but I'm brand new to the recording kick.

I got an error trying to move the stereo wav file to the computer. Something about it being cyclic or recursive.

just curious.

Is anyone using the MR8-mkII? I know it is on the low end, but I'm brand new to the recording kick.

I got an error trying to move the stereo wav file to the computer. Something about it being cyclic or recursive.

just curious.

I am. I just did that for the first time last week, and didn't have any problems with it. Sorry I can't be more help.

Fine now

Well, I got a CompactFlash with a gig of memory and since then, I haven't had any problems either. I think it might have had something to do with the lack of storage.

Well, I got a CompactFlash with a gig of memory and since then, I haven't had any problems either. I think it might have had something to do with the lack of storage.

Speaking of memory, what's the biggest CF card that the MR-8mkII can use? I just need to get me another cable, to go from my POD 2.0/Bass POD to that, so I can finally get down to the business of recording guitar and bass tracks. But, if I'm ultimately going to be sending tracks to my PC, to work with in Sound Forge (once I buy it), how big of a CF card do I really need?

Matt

CompactFlash Storage

Well, when I bought my 1 GB card, it displayed over 2 1/2 hours of recording time. It's safe to say that I don't think Ill be using all of that anytime soon. But I do think you need some wiggle room for all the recording and re-recording of tracks. I've found that unless you erase it, when you record over a track the memory is not reused.

Sounds like a 1 gig CF card will do me just fine. They're cheap enough, now, so it's not like I have an excuse to not get one that big. :)

Matt

Back