Fostex MR16 USB to MAC (OSX El Capitan)

idkDude

HI-

I'm trying to to export wav files (individual tracks) from a Fostex MR16 to my Macbook Pro with OSX El Capitan via USB. I know I'm supposed to use the Fostex WavManager, but the software is not compatible with this OSX (does not support PowerPC Apps, there are some workarounds but they are a hassle).

It seems like it would be easy enough to transfer the files into Reaper just pulling up the device in finder when it's connected. All of the song folders are there when I pull it up. When I click on a song folder there are anywhere from to 24 to over 100 individual WAV files per song. How is that when it only has 16 tracks? (assuming there could only be 16 individual WAV files). I think there may be "historical data" but I'm not sure what that is. Stuff that was recorded over? How can I tell the "historical" WAVS files from the ones I want?

Hope this makes sense.

This is nothing more than speculation but it's reasonable to think that individual takes and small parts are kept in storage but may or may not be present in the session.
I can have one track in Protools but hundreds of clips in the Audio Folder.

Trying to manually recompile the track, as I want it, from the parts would be a headache where as opening ProTools and hitting bounce would be one step.
Is it possible your MR16 is working in a similar way?

All I can recommend is doing the import on a computer where WavManager is supported, then transferring over to the machine you want to work on.

Thanks. I've since realized it's easier to just export the song on a re-writable disc, put the disc into the computer and it's a clean 16 individual tracks to work with. Erase the disc and repeat. Wish I could use the wav manager but oh well.

Back