Fostex FD-4 Hard Drive

jcross564

I have just been given a Fostex FD-4 recorder. I am currently using a Tascam 424 mk III.

The FD-4 I to at one time had a hard drive installed (the header and cable are there as well as the wire jumper), I am trying to figure out how to get this interface to work. I have installed a new drive and the machine seee it but I think I'm missing a jumper setting (the header in front of the IDE cable has no jumpers). When I tyr to format the hard drive the machine just hangs up indefinitally.

:( Also, I want to upgrade the software (I have the update), when I format the ZIP disk what format do I use FAT , FAT32 ?

I can't answer the question about what jumper you are missing, since I don't have that particular fostex, but when you format, use FAT32. I assume you are using a pc running windows?

I believe,...

He's talking about formatting the disc with the Fostex FD-4, itself, in which case, it's the FDMS, Fostex proprietary operating system, that he'll be formatting the discs with, that's run by exclusive control of the FD-4. No computer, no Windoze. That's if I read the original post correctly. :eek:

The FD-4 has a "format" operation that runs from the menu. There is no "PC" equivalent to FDMS format or operations, but they run exclusively through control of the FD-4 function menus.

/DA :eek:

Back