DO FOSTEX MAKE GOOD PRODUCTS!

ujamaa7

I'M LOOKING TO BUY A 4-TRACK SOON AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BUY! I WAS THINKING A X-34 BUT, SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE A WEEK AFTER THEY GOT IT. DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BUY A X-34 OR A TASCAM 414 MK2 ? I NEED SOMETHING THAT'S SIMPLE TO USE BECAUSE IM A STARTER. THE FOSTEX SEEM SO EASY TO USE BUT, IF IT'S NOT STATE OF THE ART I DON'T NEED IT!! SO CAN SIMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

For jumping uo and reaching the right learning curve, I suggest the Tascam 424MKII.
these are excellent machines for delving into the world of homerecording,excellent for
jotting down musical ideas,easy and simple to use and relatively inexpensive.

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING TO ME . THE TASCAM 424 MK3 IS OUT MY PRICE RANGE. I ONLY HAVE $300.00 TO $4OO.OO FOR A (NEW) 4TRACK SOMETHING THAT IS EASY TO USE AND GREAT FOR BEGINNERS.

Like Stevie Wonder said in the camra commercial..."It's so easy,anyone can use it!"
Believe me the 414MKII is a relatively easy mixer to operate.

This was 1 of my first mixers until I got
into the digital/computerized world of studio
recording. I sold it, but still miss it!

I thought Fostex was a pretty good unit until I looked inside my 1/4" 8 track and compared it to my old Teac 1/4" 4 track. The Teac was built like a tank. The Fostex wasn't very impressive. Then I looked inside my Fostex cassette 4 track and was really disapointed after looking inside my Tascam cassette 4 track. From what I've seen I would go with Tascam.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 05-03-2000).]

THANK YOU GUY'S VERY MUCH!!!!!! YALL HAVE BEEN SO HELPFUL TO ME. SO I SHOULD GO WITH THE TASCAM 414 INSTEAD OF THE X-34 RIGHT? SHOULD I NEED A COMPRESSER? IF SO HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?

Back