Connecting External Mixer to the MR8?

Knopfler Fan

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of purchasing an external mixer as I find the effects on the MR8 are rather limited.

How do I connect the mixer to the MR8? Would it be something like this: mic-->ART tube pre-amp-->mixer-->MR8

Any recommendations on a good mixer? Say $200 to $300 CDN$ or approx. $170 US$

Thanks,
KF

I'd suggest anything in the Behringer Eurorack line. My 1204FX-PRO hsa great reverb and echo, plus some good chorus and flange. Great little mixers, better pricetag. For $170, a 1204Pro-FX should do nicely.

As for connecting the mixer to the MR8, just use one XLR cable out of the mixer and into the MR8. Very simple.

Progger said:
I'd suggest anything in the Behringer Eurorack line. My 1204FX-PRO hsa great reverb and echo, plus some good chorus and flange. Great little mixers, better pricetag. For $170, a 1204Pro-FX should do nicely.

As for connecting the mixer to the MR8, just use one XLR cable out of the mixer and into the MR8. Very simple.

(RADIORICKM)
i dont understand why so many people dont take advantage of the STEREO capabilities of their equipent. My drum machine, my guitar effects pedal, my vocal processor all have STEREO RETURNS for the STEREO EFFECTS. USE 2 XLR cords from the board to the MR-8 and you will have one heck of a sound!!!!!

I probably boils down to how they use their MR8. For those who do mixing on the PC, using the stereo features makes very good sense. However for those who do all on the MR8, stereo tracks uses up available tracks twice as fast.

I mix on the PC, and use stereo for guitar, drums, and keys.

Ed

Back