Can I bounce back and forth from Fruity Loops to mr-8 and back again?

JohnWinthrop

I have a completed song I made using Fruity Loops, and need to only add vocals. I was thinking of purchasing a Fostex mr-8 and loading the wav. file into the multi-tracker, adding vocals, and then putting it back into my computer. Is this possible on both the mr-8 and the mr-8hd?

I'm not new to songwriting, but am new to digital.

Any suggestions?

I guess I should have been more specific.

My completed song (created exclusively on Fruity Loops) is in stereo. So, I'm wondering if I can import it the save way into the mr-8 and have it still be in stereo. Would it import into two channels?

I'd do it like this assuming you have decent sound card on the computer and a good set of patch cords. just record the left and right channel into input 2 and 3 then pan track 2 left and track 3 right . Have your mic plugged into input A ( you can have phantom power on for it if you need it ) panned wherever you want your voice in the stereo field , add some delay to it so your voice doesnt sound flat adjust levels and your good to go ;) (at least thats how i would do it :D ) I use an MR-8HD

Bear with me, because I don't know fruity~ are the files .wav?

In N-track, i can divide a stereo track into two seperate L and R tracks, I then title them tr01 and tr02 (whatever...tr01-tr08) and then bounce them back with wavmanager....

Sorry, I can't address more specific to fruity :o
Keep bumping this and maybe someone who can will.....

Back