Using A Digi 002 with Logic 8

8trackfan

I have a Pro Tools Digi 002 and recently got a NFR version of Apple's Logic Studio. I have been a Pro Tools user for years and since you must have a digidesign interface for their software to work the only interface I have is a Digi 002. I realize that getting a digidesign interface to work with Logic is not the best way to record but at the moment it is all that I have and I would like to use Logic. I have managed to get Logic to recognize the inputs from the Digi 002 but there is a definite delay when recording. I have adjusted buffer sizes and several other parameters and have had no luck in reducing the latency. Also, I can not get Logic to recognize the MIDI inputs from the Digi 002. I don't know if there are any fixes, workarounds or adjustments that would solve these problems, but if anyone has tried this or has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,
-G

P.S.-- Logic Studio seems to be a truly awesome suite of programs and definitely has Pro Tools beat in some areas.

hmm that's weird. Are you running Leopard? I know digi is SOOOO slow to get bugs worked out compared to everyone else.

I have a mate who uses the 002 with Logic 8 - I'll find out his settings or drivers etc and get back to you.

Last edited:
a friend of mine uses a 002 with logic 8 and he is having problems with the 002 90% of the time.

MOTUs are very nice, love mine.

I have been a Pro Tools user for years, and I have no real intention of selling my Digi 002. I like Pro Tools and find it a great program for audio; however, digidesign's business practices are a topic for a whole other thread. I have used and still use a wide variety of DAWS and enjoy comparing and learning new programs. I find that no single DAW is perfect and some do certain things better than others. With that in mind, I of course would love to have a MOTU 8 pre, but I just don't have the money for one right now. I think that MOTU makes great gear and the MOTU 8 pre would be a nice addition to my project studio, because it would allow me 8 inputs and MIDI in a standalone interface for use with Logic and as an additional preamps via lightpipe for Pro Tools and my Digi 002. I like the fact that I have access to two great DAWs and the ability to work in multiple platforms. So for the time being until more funds become available I am stuck using my Digi 002 as an interface for Logic. Like I said earlier I can get Logic to recognize my Digi 002 as an interface, however there are some real latency issues and I can't get Logic to recognize the 002's MIDI inputs.

I have been a Pro Tools user for years, and I have no real intention of selling my Digi 002. I like Pro Tools and find it a great program for audio; however, digidesign's business practices are a topic for a whole other thread. I have used and still use a wide variety of DAWS and enjoy comparing and learning new programs. I find that no single DAW is perfect and some do certain things better than others. With that in mind, I of course would love to have a MOTU 8 pre, but I just don't have the money for one right now. I think that MOTU makes great gear and the MOTU 8 pre would be a nice addition to my project studio, because it would allow me 8 inputs and MIDI in a standalone interface for use with Logic and as an additional preamps via lightpipe for Pro Tools and my Digi 002. I like the fact that I have access to two great DAWs and the ability to work in multiple platforms. So for the time being until more funds become available I am stuck using my Digi 002 as an interface for Logic. Like I said earlier I can get Logic to recognize my Digi 002 as an interface, however there are some real latency issues and I can't get Logic to recognize the 002's MIDI inputs.
I apologize: I misunderstood your original post. I had assumed you were switching to Logic, not using it in addition to Pro Tools! My bad :/

Back