Tascam US 1800 + ART Digital MPA II...cant set up the SPDIF Channels!

wingspal

Hi!

I own a Tascam US 1800 interface (16 ins and 4 outs). Channel 15 and 16 are ditigal via spdif.

main.jpg

...and recently an ART Preamp, the MPA II.

lg_digital_mpa-ii_front.jpg

...my issue is with Logic Studio 9.

I can´t find the digital channels (15 and 16) to route in with my interface....if you check with cubase or sonar...is different.
Also, the tascam driver does not offer me any way to change parameters....just the outs (1, 2, 3, 4), the clock and the Spdif mode or AES/EBU.

Please, help me...maybe im not configuring this devices ok....ive already got the spdif cable (rca) but nothing happens.
By the way, with this cable i connected my Denon CD Player to the spdifs (15 and 16)...and voala!!...it sounds.

Thanks!

The OP has obviously disappeared but I wonder if anyone else has this combo and has had any problems. I'm planning on picking up a DMPA tomorrow ...I hope there aren't any issues in making these two devices work together.

The OP has obviously disappeared but I wonder if anyone else has this combo and has had any problems. I'm planning on picking up a DMPA tomorrow ...I hope there aren't any issues in making these two devices work together.

I am going to guess that he figured it out. There should never have been an issue. SPDIF is just a basic digital (outboard D/A does the conversion) input. I have never heard any problems ever regarding a SPDIF out to a SPDIF in. He probably was just embarrassed because he didn't actually hit the switch. All good, we have all had blonde moments. :)

And I meant no disrespect to naturally blonde people. The ones that fake it seem to be the ones that have faith in tuna being 'chicken' of the sea.

Case in point.

LOL!

Last edited:
Back