Solo button doesn't always work?

santiu

Rock-scientist
I'm totally new to Logic so sorry if this is a stupid problem.

So, sometimes the track solo buttons don't work for me. Like i was working on a project last night. Saved, closed, shutdown the computer. Then this morning I came back, opened the project, and the solo buttons result in muting everything. I can see the level meter dancing up and down on the solo'd track, but no sound comes out. On the other hand, if i select the track in the arrange window, and use the solo button on the bottom right, then it works (although it's slow).

What am I doing wrong?

kind of a strange problem.

All I can say is make sure that none of your tracks are solo'd or muted in the mixer window, then make sure that none of them are solo'd or muted in the arrange window.

Also, make sure your regions aren't muted in the arrange window (they will be a greyish color if they are).

that same thing happened to me the other day, and it took me a minute to realize I had reassigned the output for the track to "no output" or something -- probably not your issue here, but it's worth looking at the output for the track to see if it's right.

Found the problem. So turns out if you use the I/O plugin to use outboard gear on the Output track, then soloing doesn't work. If i turn off the I/O plugin it works fine :)

Back