Shaky sound after stretching??

Jon A Than

Hello! I'm gonna keep it short.. My audio and samples gets this shaky sound after i've stretched them in time & pitch machine. I have no clue what so ever why this occurs, haven't had the same problem in any other DAW.. Anyone?

Hello! I'm gonna keep it short.. My audio and samples gets this shaky sound after i've stretched them in time & pitch machine. I have no clue what so ever why this occurs, haven't had the same problem in any other DAW.. Anyone?

Post some sound clips to give us some idea of what your issue is. How much are you stretching the audio?

Maybe it's not necessary now, i made a comparison by uploading a number of identical samples, stretched them with the different methods, such as Complex, Pads, Monophonic and so forth. Turned out to work great with some of them, and sounds shit with some. "Rhythmic Material" for example is not to recommend with rhythmic guitars as i've read on some random page.

I've managed to pinpoint the problem, still though I'm not a 100% happy with the result. Is there maybe a more sophisticated way to stretch audio in logic?

Instead of pitch & time machine, try using Flex time. Probably uses the same kind of algorithm, but it is more visual and you can do small shifts to sections that require it and leave other stuff alone. I'll occasionally get something glitchy but it's usually when I have put the stretch in a bad place. Moving the source point will usually fix it.
Great results overall!

Dags

Back