problem with logic and m-audio device!

laserlife

Hey there!

I am using logic pro 9, connected to a m-audio fast track pro device to record my sounds.
the audio device has got 4 channels, but you can actually only use 2 at the same time because they are canon/jack - canon/jack exit (sorry for my english ahaha i hope you get what i mean)

anyway, if i wanted to record a stereo track on a pc i just needed to set up input 1 and 3 to record,
but when i switched to the mac and logic pro, it doesnt seem that the software detects input 3-4 ...
i checked audio preferences and all, but it doesnt seem that it even see the 3-4 inputs...weird...any clue?

Since there are only two channels and only two inputs in use at a time, Logic should recognize inputs 1 and 3 as the same input, as well as 2 and 4 as the same input. If you want to use the XLR jack on input 1 then set Logic to record through channel 1 and plug in an XLR cord. Same as if you want to use the 1/4 inch jack on channel 1, however make sure you have set the "Inst/Line" button if you are recording guitars or something. Unless you are talking about the MIDI or S/PDIF inputs, this should do the trick.

Back