Problem With Behringer Xenyx 1204FX Mixing Desk

Mittens2317

I have a Behringer Xenyx 1204FX Mixing Desk hooked up to my PowerMac via the USB Input/Output interface provided with the Mixer.

I have set both the Audio Input and Output to the USB Audio CODEC option on the PowerMac's System Preferences. The Audio Output works perfectly, however it says that there is no Audio Input for the USB Audio CODEC.

I have also set the Audio Interface to the USB Audio CODEC option on Logic Pro (the program which I am using)

As you can probably guess, the Output is working perfectly through the Mixing Desk, however I cannot record into LogicPro via my Condenser Microphone, which is plugged into Channel 1 on the Mixing Desk (and yes, Phantom Power is switched on)

I have searched the internet for help, trying to find similar problems, however, to my dismay, my mission has been unsuccesful.

As a highly recommended forum, this seemed the perfect place to resolve my problem, so I would like to know if anyone has any idea what the problem could be, and if it can be fixed at all.

Please, I would be forever in your debt if you could help me out with this, as this is the final component I need to set up my home studio, and I have up to five artists booked in for this week, starting Monday. Yes, I should have anticipated problems, but I have never had this problem with CoolEditPro on my Windows Laptop, so I never would have thought that this problem should arise.

Again, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mittens,
What USB interface model was included? Was it the new X-something 2.5, or the old 202 model? (I assume that this is the Xenyx mixer that has to plug to-and-from the interface box vs. having a USB port built into the back of the mixer.)

Have you tried running other audio sources I/O of the interface box to determine if the problem is with the box vs. the mixing desk?

Thing is... if you can get audio either in or out of the interface box, then the Mac can see it... the rest must be in either the signal getting properly from the mixer to the box or in getting Logic to read the box's input signal.

Back