Outputs

Tom Honeyman

I have a problem with recording. Of course. Whenever I hook up my mixer (Behringer XENY 1832 FX) to my computer (iMac), and put my settings to accept it, all the sound from Logic goes to the mixer. Now, I don't want that, I want all sound to come from the computer speaker including when I'm recording.

How would I go about doing that? Also, the sound going to the mixer is very faint, so I can barely hear the mix, metronome, everything.

I don't know that mixer, but I'm assuming you have it hooked up via USB, and it shows up as an audio device on the mac. If so, here's something you could try:

outside of Logic, go to Finder->Applications->Audio Midi Setup, then, in the "Audio" menu at the top, select "Open Aggregate Device Editor"

Then, add a new aggregate device with the + button, name it something (like "MixerAndOutput"?), and check the boxes next to mixer and the "Built-in Output", and select one of them for the clock - probably the mixer.

Then, in Logic, Preferences -> Audio -> Devices tab, select the "MixerAndOuput" device (or whatever you called it). In your project, you may have to select outputs 3 and 4 or some other pair, since outputs 1 and 2 may still be to the mixer. If you get a lot of static or clicks, go back to the device editor and select the other device for the clock. If you still get a lot of static or clicks, then, at least you tried :)

Back