Not sure what changed cpu usage

TheBones

i've been using logic pro for the better part of two years now and have a basic grasp of the nut and bolts of the operation. my buddy and i have laid down a few songs. Multiple tracks (17+) using plug ins on almost every track and tracking up to 5 channels simultaneously used to keep my cpu meter below the red. Since then a bit has changed, i moved residences and haven't been working on music as much as i was. Recently, i attempted to sit down and record some guitar tracks via my Tascam US-800. I'll be damned if one channel recording a guitar with no plug ins, effects or virtual instruments loaded didn't peak out my cpu meter causing unappealing snap crackles and pops. Any ideas off the top of your heads guys? i'm using minimal ram (same as before) and none of my hardware has changed. Thanks!

Any software changes/adds, same font end? (the Tascam
How about latency settings, got bumped higher?
Just some usual suspects' for ya there :)

Throwing an idea into the ring:
If you're using a digital connect (ADAT, SP/DIF) or have a word clock connected make sure that one device is slave to the other so
that you're not getting conflicting clock issues which will cause all kinds of problems similar to those you're describing.

Dags

Any software changes/adds, same font end? (the Tascam
How about latency settings, got bumped higher?
Just some usual suspects' for ya there :)

Latency settings…. they got bumped higher. Thanks mix sit!! much help. Holy crap, I'll have to keep that list of usually suspects around. Thanks again!

Back