Logic Pro X with Logic Remote

ProPlayer

Info about Logic Pro X with a new free iPad companion app 'Logic Remote' has been posted to Apple's website. Logic Remote lets you control the recording and mixing from your iPad. The new darker theme looks sleek. Any thoughts?

WOW. I just checked out the new free overview at macprovide.com. I was also very interested in the remote ipad feature. There are some other new features that are also pretty amazing. B3 morphing between presets just changed the organ game. The drummer feature is crazy. And the learn buttons for the smart controls assign mapping and external controls with ease. . I am very curious to see if you can hook up multiple ipads, and create jam labs, that have different synths for different songs. Possibly the best software release of the year. I am going to check out the remote ipad tutorial tonight, and let you know what I think.

I watched the macprovideo tutorial for Logic Remote, and I am impressed. This release of Logic is definitely worth the 200 dollars. Although it does not look like you can have multiple ipads going in this version, the usable functions are amazing. A couple that really stood out were the chord strips and custom keyboards. The custom keyboards allow you to chose a key for the keyboard strip, and it removes the black keys to make a simple playable surface. The drum pads seem great, and can be played as a visual representation of a real kit! The most usable feature for many people will probably be the key commands. The Tutorial is by Steve H, one of the worlds best Logic trainers. I think most people will be very happy with X, I am excited to explore it even deeper.

Potential downside: No longer 32bit bridge support for 32bit AU plugins that are no longer kept updated or that we can't afford the fee to upgrade to the 64bit version of the bundle (eg; Waves).

*sigh* I can't afford a new Mac Pro that will run the latest OS anyway.
Guess I'll be staying with Snow Leopard and Logic 9x until they drag my corpse out of the studio.

I'm in love with the Logic Pro x! It looks amazing, and it's technically "easier" to use. I found the The track stack really useful and the Flex pitch is just awesome. I downloaded the Logic remote app and I was amazed. It have a really quick reaction and it have a lot of cool functions! You can record, mix and play! Highly recommended

I kinda wish Logic Remote worked with an iPhone as well. There is a third party one that works great (DAWcontrol) but it only controls basic stuff like transport controls and muting/soloing/leveling tracks.

Has anyone tried Lemur with Logic on an iPhone? I've considered checking that out.

Back