Logic Express 8 --> Logic Pro 9

Jenny73

How do I do it?!

I've heard that you can just upgrade without being penalised by having tried the Express version first.

I have Mac OS 10.5.8 if that means anything to anyone?
Will this system support it?

I've heard that you can just upgrade without being penalised by having tried the Express version first.

I have Mac OS 10.5.8 if that means anything to anyone?
Will this system support it?

The upgrade is, to the best of my knowledge, no longer available. You used to be able to move from Express to Studio/Pro for $299, but now that Apple has moved Logic to the app store, you can buy the whole thing for $199. So you're not "penalized" per se, but the upgrade path is gone.

You do need to upgrade to at least 10.6.8 to run Logic 9. Apple Logic Pro 9 Specifications

I just upgraded from Express 8 to Express 9 by buying it open box on Amazon for $27.00 shipped. I got the sealed package with book, never been opened. I mainly wanted to go 64 bit, but the improved guitar amps and pedals and Flextime were gravy. And $27.00 is pretty damn cheap!

I just upgraded from Express 8 to Express 9 by buying it open box on Amazon for $27.00 shipped. I got the sealed package with book, never been opened. I mainly wanted to go 64 bit, but the improved guitar amps and pedals and Flextime were gravy. And $27.00 is pretty damn cheap!

You can say that again! Wow :o

Back