Logic 9.1.8 EXS24 Not appearing on Channel Input Select

Anthonymills77

I have the drum plug ins working great usually, and they still are on existing songs. But setting up a new song today, I have 'No Input selected' coming up and the plug ins are not available. But I have a good midi in and out appearing in transport.
Running a Logic update, but any thoughts ?
My first question to this site.
Thanks,
Tony

Tony,
Welcome to the boards! Could you perhaps show a screen shot of your problem?

Your workflow should look something like: Track -> Add Track -> Select "Software Instrument" -> Ok -> Then set your instrument settings for the channel.

The EXS24 instruments aren't really plugins; they're soft-synths. I'm wondering if you have the track set up as an audio track (vs. software instrument), which would cause something like what you're describing.

Post a screen capture and we'll try to help as best we can.

Logic / Melodyne

I guess this should be an interesting one.
Just downloaded the TRIAL version of Melodyne to help with everything.
So, after you have understood the basics, altered the WAV file to suit and saved it as the .MPD file and it sits there in the library, you have to drag it over to the arrange screen and re-situate it in place of the previously unnacceptable file, am I right ?
Why does it bounce back then and you end up feeling unintelligent :) ???????

If I get my head around this, I will either pay the 3/400 Euros, go insane or just get the damn performance repeated !!!!!!

If you get me....

:)

Tony

The way this Meloydyne thing should work really, is ,..right click on the WAV file - Melo ? yes please.... then do the job and save . Bang. Job done.
And save the differences to the File on the Arrange screen as well , or at least give you the option to do both.
Maybe it does, , is that just a case of sticking your credit card in ?
It doesn't even drag and drop.
Is that the way it is ?

Automation problem ? I recorded some volume changes on two guitar tracks. All was good. Going back to have a look at it, now, lots of channels are highlighted in brown for automation, but I seem to have no access to my automation on guitars and they remain un highlighted for automation. And not all other channels are highlighted, only about half at random.

Answer !!!!! The tracks aren't magnified enough to allow the Automation detail to be seen. All you gotta do is blow up the screen !!!!!

Back