Kontakt string patch corrupt

ace_musicdj

Hai

I got my Macbook pro running kontakt inside Logic Pro X. I was an avid user of the string ensemble patch by NI. I wanted to add another guitar library so I took the .nicnt and edited portions of it following instructions from the internet. I found something was wrong when I was not able to load string ensemble. The image and menus are there but the patch won't load. It points to the guitar patch even after I edited the key back to its original state AND re installed the entire string ensemble s/w. I really want to fix this issue. Any help??

Have you tried rescanning for plugins, or using Time Machine to restore the system back to an earlier point in time, or at least the folders related to Kontakt? Otherwise, I've no idea what might have happened...

Have you tried rescanning for plugins, or using Time Machine to restore the system back to an earlier point in time, or at least the folders related to Kontakt? Otherwise, I've no idea what might have happened...

Thanks for the response. I could try restoring the mac but I do risk losing some updates...am I right? Is there a common database maintained by Kontakt? I am thinking if I could delete that and ask Kontakt to rebuild it (rescan didn't work)... I'm getting carried away LOL. Is there any method like what I just said?

Back