fixing sloppy drums in logic...

metalboy458

so i have this drums track and theres tons of places where the hits are off, it happens through out the entire song. is there any easy way of fixing this in logic or am i just going to have to cut up the wave and manually move them around to fix it? any thoughts, tips, comments, etc would be very much appreciated.

Real good video right there. Putting it in slicing mode and grouping the drum tracks are a must. You can even quantize the entire drum performance if you want to, rather than manually moving each transient individually.

the series of little vids on the apple website are all pretty awesome :) i've used the "Make groove template" thing a couple of times now to varying degrees of success.

As i said, the only problem i've come across once or twice when using flex time on drums is that it can make the cymbals "jittery", for want of a better word.

i don't think it would :( the problem i've had has been where flex time has created and read flex markers and when i've pulled hits into time around a crash hit it seems to time stretch the cymbals so you get this odd, almost oscillating cymbal sound. i've played around with the different options (slicing, monophonic etc etc) and although slicing seems to work best it can be annoying. saying that, on hits where there aren't crashes it works a charm :)

Hmm... Maybe try setting the decay to infinity (inf s)? I usually don't have too big a problem with weird cymbal artifacts unless I'm Flexing a small segment by a large amount. You can change the decay time in the left hand side Inspector. Just hit the triangle to expand the track details and the decay should be at the bottom of the list.

Back