Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Effects Question...

Thanks

Effects Question...

Sign in to disable this ad
    The new forum will see a flood of stupid questions that I was too afraid to ask at Sonikmatter's faggoty Logic Audio forum.

I had no help with learning this program, so I know what I know because I just happened to stumble across it more than once. To make matters worse, I'm running 4.7.

1. How do I permanently apply an effect to an audio track? I want to be able to move tracks around without having to open the effect in the mixer and dial it in to the same settings on the new channel.
    jerkburger

Thanks
    In 7.2.3 you'd just render the audio track, and then import it back in.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-Ultra View Post
    In 7.2.3 you'd just render the audio track, and then import it back in.
    How do I do that? I don't know what anything's called either.
    jerkburger

Thanks
    Isn't there a bounce button on the main out/master track? You'd have to basically mute all the other channels then print your effects and save the result. Later versions of logic have an automated freeze function to make this easier.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ez_willis View Post
    The new forum will see a flood of stupid questions that I was too afraid to ask at Sonikmatter's faggoty Logic Audio forum.

I had no help with learning this program, so I know what I know because I just happened to stumble across it more than once. To make matters worse, I'm running 4.7.

1. How do I permanently apply an effect to an audio track? I want to be able to move tracks around without having to open the effect in the mixer and dial it in to the same settings on the new channel.
    I seem to remember from a post in the Cave that you work at a school. That should qualifiy you for Apples education discount. You can buy Logic Express 7.2 for $150 or Logic Pro for $500.
    Conditioned to self interest with emotion locked away.....if that's what they call normal then I'd rather be insane.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    I seem to remember from a post in the Cave that you work at a school. That should qualifiy you for Apples education discount. You can buy Logic Express 7.2 for $150 or Logic Pro for $500.
    The University I work at has a broadcasting program. Our I & IT department copies any program used on campus for home use, so I have a copy of Office at home in case I need to do some work at home. I could get a copy of a more recent version of Logic but I don't use a Mac, and the program is no longer compatible with a PC.
    jerkburger

Thanks
    Man I barely remember 4.*

Not a fan of Sonikmatter EZ? hahaha Did Clif bust yer balls?

If I recall you can monitor with fx but it requires a work around. I think you have to bounce it to a new track - ie put the fx on that you want, arm a separate track - and "record" it to that.
    I don't find this stuff amusing anymore.

Thanks
    Man I barely remember 4.*

If I recall you can monitor with fx but it requires a work around. To print an effect I think you have to bounce it to a new track - ie put the fx on that you want, arm a separate track - and "record" it to that.
    I don't find this stuff amusing anymore.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by espskully View Post
    Nah, after browsing the forum for awhile like a good little noob, I was too scared to actually post anything.

Quote Originally Posted by espskully View Post
    If I recall you can monitor with fx but it requires a work around. I think you have to bounce it to a new track - ie put the fx on that you want, arm a separate track - and "record" it to that.
    I'll need to figure out how to do that. I have a funky setup that includes a digital mixer, so my routing is not typical.

Thanks though.
    jerkburger

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ez_willis View Post
    It has been so long since I used V4 - that was when Logic was still owned by Emagic!

I think the way I used to do it was to mute all the other tracks and record the mix (of the track you want with effects) to disc. I can't recall if is there a 'bounce' option in V4.

I'll need to figure out how to do that. I have a funky setup that includes a digital mixer, so my routing is not typical.
    You might need to route the effected audio out one pair of channels of your hardware mixer then bring them back in to your main ins.

Dags
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Thread Information