Digital Performer to Logic 9 ?

eyeteeth

Anyone here a former DP user that converted to Logic?

I'm pretty much done with Digital Performer. I was never able to get DP 6 functional, MOTU was absolutely no help, (Many many months of support...) and they refuse to "make it right." I'm still working off DP 5, and they're telling me I had 30 days from purchase to return DP 6 for a refund... neglecting the fact they they took more than 30 days to respond to my support requests.

So, I'm ready... after over a decade... to abandon ship and look at other options. Logic seems to be the next logical (sorry) platform.

I'm just curious about others who have made the same basic switch... pro/cons/ things to look out for, and things you miss... etc.

Thanks.

you should of went with digital performer 7 they have fixed numerous things and added a whole bunch of new things as well and its a lot more stable

As I mentioned in my original post. I went over a year trying to work with MOTU support, being ignored, with an unusable application. I Refuse to purchase DP7.

All DAWs have their issues. I never used DP, but started out on Logic 7 Express, and now have Logic 9 Pro. I can tell you that Apple seems to be taking complaints seriously (though I don't know how they are person-to-person), and there have been, I think, 4 updates since its release last summer. I enjoy it. The soft synths are quite good, some of the jampack material is worth it, and the convolution reverb is better than what I had on my Roland VS.

YMMV.

Back