The Case of the Disappearing Plugins

KineticSound

The VOICE
I recently installed a few additional plugins in my Logic rig (at least I thought I did), but I'm having trouble getting my new plugins to appear as options in the Logic list, despite a few scanning passes.

I started by installing the plugin package into the Component folder on my HD (picture 1 below). I see the components listed as normal there.

Then, I launch Logic; choose Preferences, and open the Audio Units Manager. I see the list of my installed plugins and their validation status (picture 2). Oddly, the SSL LMC-1 plugin that was listed in the Component folder is missing! I clicked on "Reset and Rescan" to have Logic look for the plugin, but to no avail. Rebooted, launched Logic again, and repeated the same steps; Logic was still unable to find the "SSL LMC-1" plugin after three scans.

Am I doing something wrong in the installation process? Has anyone else run into this odd case of disappearing plugins?

Any help is much appreciated!

David

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 22
Hey David. I don't really know for sure what the problem is, but are you using a mac that is an intel or is it a... I forget what the older kind is called. power pc? or something.... anyways make sure your plugins are ones that work for your type of computer. I tried install some plugins but they weren't universal binary and so they wouldn't work on my intel macbook.

what you might want to do is go to this forum...

http://www.logicprohelp.com/index.php?sid=37cec441f5a1fcd19c6bab0e5b79e4c8

I use it a fair bit, and it's pretty useful. if you join maybe i'll see you there. I'm "Torsenstarrow" there.

good luck

tojo,
That's exactly the problem. I'm using a newer Intel-based Mac, not the G4/G5. A closer read at SSL's site states some compatibility issues with Intel Mac's!

Thanks!

well that's good to know. It was kind of a bummer when I found it because I really wanted to try the digital fish phones plugins and then I realized that they don't work on intel macs.

do you have any good free plugins that you suggest for logic? I have logic express so, the plugins are already good enough for me, but I don't have a problem with getting more!

You can check out ApulSoft's Plugin Page for some freebies. Personally, I use the Slim Slow Slider C-3 compressor and Linear EQ for voiceover work in Logic Express and like their interfaces a little better than the standard Apple plugins. I haven't used many others, though.

I'm a fairly new mac user and I've only ever had Intels. I generally like the platform, but the extreme user friendliness of just hiding issues from you, like this (and I've had this problem, too), drives me nuts sometimes. Anyway, glad you figured it out -- I'm off to that plugins page :)

Back