Wont save

Do you have more than one project tab open? What happens if you click Save instead of Save All?

No there's only one project running. I cant try "Save" because as soon as I stop recording the "Select files to save or delete" panel appears.

Does this happen when you try and save audio? What about midi?

The "select files to save or delete" panel can be turned off in Options/Preferences/Recording.

Try this:

1 Start a new project.

2 Before doing any recording, do a 'save project as' and give it a name, tick the 'create subdirectory for project' and 'move all media into project directory' buttons.

3 Record something.

4 Do CTRL S to save and see what happens.

This is for saving audio, I don't use midi.
Turning off that panel and clicking Save still gives "Error opening recorded media".
Tried 1,2,3 no good.

Is there any way of resetting everything in Reaper to default?

Yikes. I think I'd uninstall Reaper, reboot, then install it again. Then retry zzed's advice above and see if it goes more smoothly.

If that doesn't help, then I think its time to have a closer look at your recording options, like sample rate, bit depth, device settings, drivers, etc.

I can't say that I've ever run into this problem before.

Very good, glad you got it working!

I read about this problem yesterday, and it has been reported on the Reaper forums every so often for several years. It seems that the uninstall/reinstall usually fixes it for people. Some people still have the issue after a reinstall. If the problem resurfaces for you, you can try running the installer as an administrator (right-click and "run as administrator").

Back