Will Tascam US-2x2 Interface work with Reaper?

spantini

COO of me, inc.
The Tascam page overview states "the US-2x2 includes class-compliant drivers for Mac & iOS... and a simple driver adds ASIO compatibility for Windows" (I'm on Windows 10). It also comes bundled with Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Abelton Live Lite 9 - neither of which I'm particularly interested in as I want to use this with Reaper.. if they are compatible.

Does ASIO compatibility for windows mean Reaper has this driver listed in it's folder - or that it can be added?

I'm ready to run out and buy a Tascam US-2x2 but I don't want to assume Reaper supports the interface, find out it doesn't, then return it.

If these are compatible, I'm looking at buying the US-2x2 interface, an AT2020 XLR mic, and of course the Reaper.

Thanks for your help.

I have a Tascam US 16x8 as well as several Alesis USB mixers. They all work great with Reaper. Your 2x2 is no exception. Reaper will recognize any ASIO driver as well the generic ASIO4All. You made a great choice on your hardware and YOUR GOING TO LOVE IT!! p.s. Can you tell which DAW I use?

I use a Tascam US800 (Win7, have not tried to anything with it with my Win10 computer), nary a problem with it. And despite comments form some people to the contrary, I find the headphone output plenty loud enough.

Back