Will Reaper convert 44.1kHz to 96kHz?

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I'm getting a new Tascam US-2x2 interface so I can record at 96kHz. I've got my older DP-03SD with many .wav files at 44.1kHz. Can Reaper convert them to 96kHz ... is it worth the effort? I'd like to not have to re-record all of that material. I haven't got Reaper yet, so I won't be able to apply any instructions you may give here. But I did DL the User's Manual :D

To be clear, these songs are not for distribution or commercial use yet.. - I'm just wondering if a conversion or re-sampling would improve the overall sound.

Thanks

"'m just wondering if a conversion or re-sampling would improve the overall sound."

The sound is already what it is.

Tascam has a nice software resampler for free download - called hi-res editor

"Is it worth the effort" - I bet you can't tell the difference between a project done at 44.1 and the one at 96 - unless you've got a super-pro studio monitor set up and really good ears.

Upsampling existing tracks shouldn't substantially affect their sound for good or ill, but if you're recording new tracks to work with the old ones, Reaper will automatically resample your existing tracks to match the new project rate.

Thanks, everybody.

Steve, your reply is what I was really looking for an answer to. I just couldn't phrase it that way at the time. Thanks again.

Personally, I'm happy with my older 44.1 songs. I'm upgrading to 96 so I can collaborate with a friend on the other coast.

Back