Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What do you think of Reaper?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by rob aylestone View Post
    I simply don't like it very much.
    Sometimes people forget that this is a valid reason for not using something. I started with Logic, because that's what came with my first interface. But I found it very hard to use. I also tried Cakewalk and Cubase, and found them equally difficult. I didn't like any of them all that much.

When I switched to Reaper, it was almost like some turning on the lights. It did things the way I expected them to be done. And if I was like, "I wonder if I can do this by doing this", more often than not, I could.

Prior to using a PC, I had an Amiga. There were two programs on the Amiga that I feel have yet to be surpassed in ease of use (for me, not necessarily someone else). The first was Music X, which was a midi program of comparable vintage to Cubase (which, from memory, evolved from C Notater). The second was Deluxe Paint, which suited me way more than Photoshop or Gimp.

Thanks
    Switched to Reaper after getting back together with my recording partner, who was already using Reaper, so that we could easily share files/sessions. I've never looked back. If you're coming from some other DAW, it could be a small learning curve just figuring out what's where, but you can always customize it to function sort of like your old DAW if you really wanted to.

Thanks
    Reaper is unlike any other major recording software because of who and how it was developed. A lot of HR.com members have been on the forefront and influential of it's advances.

Though he doesn't visit here anymore ( I don't think ) Pipeline (Arron ) was on the later development team.

For the price and the constant and fast fixes and updates it stays on the cutting edge and provides a recording software without the bloat and BS..It is sleek and high performing...

Even Pro studios that use Protools have found that they needed to integrate Reaper into their system to assist on workflow..

I can't imagine any average Homewrecker that could ever need more than what it offers and most ( like myself ) barely scratch the surface and get awesome results.

The uncrippled trial version is exactly what the paid version is so if you're too broke to buy it you still have access to it with the Cockos team hoping you'll do the right thing when you aren't broke...

Justin Frankel ( The originator of Reaper) is a brilliant developer with a great heart and cool attitude towards business....

For us average Joes, Reaper is impossible to beat.
    Last edited by TAE; 12-11-2016 at 21:09.
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )
    Yamaha MOX8 / Reaper / various synths......

"Reality is what we agree we see", least that's how I see it

All Covered Up

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TAE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love it. Fast, lightweight, easy to use, and inexpensive.

What's not to like?

If you want to know what awesome 'improvements' may make it into Pro Tools in a few years, just look at what's in the current release of Reaper...
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuseTheMuses View Post
    SM57s are good mics for anything from close mic instruments, vocals, hammering in nails, propping open heavy doors, rolling out cookie dough and so on. You really can't go wrong with that.

Thanks
    Reaper's support is second to none. When I first started using it and had some questions I contacted Reaper directly. Most DAWs "support" I've worked with in the past would simply shoot me out a "form letter" pointing usually to some general answer that had the operative word of my question highlighted ie "how can I set up my compressor for ducking" and I'd get (maybe) a reference to compression in general. Not with Reaper. Not only did they email me back (usually the next day) with the answer but would usually include links to two or three other sources for info or videos. Since Reaper is so customize-able users are constantly coming up with new themes, tools, efx chains etc and they are posted in the Stash link on Reapers home page for anyone to download and use for free. Reaper is also extremely third party plugin compatible. There are so many free vst efx, virtual instruments, synths etc out on the web to add to your audio arsenal and Reaper will host 99% with no issues at all where some other programs are only compatible with their own or expensive plugins and ,as others before have mentioned, the free upgrades and bug fixes that other DAWs would charge you for. Reaper is the NO Brainer choice of the decade.

Thanks
    Reaper has no ilok or other potentially annoying authorization issues, is very stable (any issues I have had can be traced to 3rd party plugins) and continues to get better and better.

Thread Information