Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Waves Tune with Reaper

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by songsj View Post
    it requires Rewire.
    I've still seen nothing to suggest that rewire is needed for anything other than syncing Waves tune+host timelines.
    That's purely a convenience and doesn't affect whether or not the thing works.

Good luck and have fun with your new computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlf View Post
    That's a tad too much terminology. What do you mean by 'mix'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    No VST can emulate that smell.

Thanks
    Thanks and I will be the first to admit I am not the brightest bulb in the box, With Edit Pro 14 waves tune monitors perfectly, corrects pitch and what you hear out of the monitors is great. While playing I get an error message in the scanning part of Waves Tune at the top that says Rewire link cannot be established please check you settings. In my plugin chooser and everywhere else I look I cannot find anything titled or associated with Rewire. Except the installer which I ran 3 times but still could find anything that has to do with Rewire. When I burn a cd the pitch correction does not transfer to the cd. When I render to another track the pitch correction does not render to the new track. Not sure what else to try. Others here tell me Waves Tune will not work in Edit Pro 14. At least to burn to cd or render. Waves website does not list Vegas as a supported DAW, I'm not sure what else to try. I would be a really really happy guy if it worked, burned and rendered.

Thanks
    Ah, ok. I see how the two might appear to be related.
    For what it's worth, my instances of Waves Tune always say "rewire link cannot be established".

It simply means if I navigate around the timeline in Waves Tune, Protools will not follow it.
    There are other implications, but all related that that basic idea.

Thanks
    If you're familiar with Vegas/Movie Studio, then Reaper will be second nature to you. Reaper was initially designed with Vegas as an inspiration. So the basic editing and behavior is really similar between the two.

I've gotta wonder what's going on with that VST. I use Waves L1 and L2 on audio tracks and the master bus in Movie Studio Platinum 13. It kills my computer's audio performance, but it does work and render with the effects applied. I just have to do that step last, because I can't stand listening to the audio constantly glitch, pop, crackle all the while.

Meanwhile, Sony and now Magix seem oblivious to these complaints, and just released version 14...with the exact same problems.

Thanks
    So you've tried to render to a CD, and bouncing/rendering a new track. what happens if you render the video to disk (hard drive, not compact disc)? Also, what audio and video format are you using?

Thanks
    I have burned to disc, no, waves tune, I have rendered to a new track , no waves tune, There is no video this is just an audio recording. The format is whatever they use for redbook cd, 16 bit 44.1k, and the track renders are what ever my Edit pro defaults are for that process everything else is there but no pitch correction and the vocal timing is a little off with the music.

Thanks
    If you're just doing audio, grab reaper and don't look back. Vegas isn't all that great for audio, and reaper works very similarly.

Thanks
    Got Reaper, have played with it for about a month and it is going well , Got Waves Tune working, I'm not sure it does as good a job as Antares when playing pack on the fly but the way it scans and allows you to fix bad notes with the curser tools is pretty cool. I imagine Antares does that too I just never used that part of it. As with all things there are a few do's and don'ts you need to learn to keep from screwing things up but that is to be expected. Like once you have scanned and tuned a vocal or section up , do not move it on the timeline. It will try to apply the same corrections to the original time placement. In other words the corrections do not move with the audio event. However if yo have to move a vocal or section you can re-scan just that section and re-tune it. If it is the entire song you can do that as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by songsj View Post
    Like once you have scanned and tuned a vocal or section up , do not move it on the timeline.
    That's a big one!
    Little tip for you - maybe it's obvious but it took a while for me to realise.

If you have a session that exceeds the maximum allowed length in wavestune, just insert a second wavesTune, go to the point in the session where 'out of bounds' starts, then in waves tune there's an option to 'acquire start from timeline', or something like that.

That way when the first plug runs out of bounds, the second kicks in.

Bit of a faff, but easier than moving stuff into bounds, tuning, bouncing, and moving back.

Thread Information