Waves Plugins with Reaper on Vista 64

RixMix

Hi,

Curious if anyone has used Wave's Muscian 2 on Vista 64 with the 32 bit Reaper. I can get Cubase LE to see the Waves plugins but not Reaper. I think it has to do with the Wavesshell.dll. But not sure.

I can get Reaper to see it on XP. Not sure who's the problem on Vista 64.

Any ideas/insights?

uninstall EVERY waves plugin you have

reinstall.

it works here, this is sometimes a problem with warez copies.:confused:

uninstall EVERY waves plugin you have

reinstall.

it works here, this is sometimes a problem with warez copies.:confused:

Whats a "Warez copy"?

Actually, I finally got it to work. Apparently I was clicking too fast on the Clear Cache/Rescan button. When I clicked it wouldn't do anything. So I clicked and held it a second or two, it rescanned and found the Waveshell.dll.

Thanks though. But really, what's a Warez copy?

just to be sure, i have no idea if the person is using warez or not, im just saying its a common problem i see with warez users.

I was afraid that's what you meant but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. NO it's not pirated. If I stole it I wound have been less wound up. But as dished out my $200 for Waves and another $40 for the iLok, I was pretty bummed it wasn't working for me. I guess it could been percieved as pirated Ooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr......maybe as I said it was an operator error. You know what ASSUME can stand for right. Just to be sure?:)

I was afraid that's what you meant but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. NO it's not pirated. If I stole it I wound have been less wound up. But as dished out my $200 for Waves and another $40 for the iLok, I was pretty bummed it wasn't working for me. I guess it could been percieved as pirated Ooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr......maybe as I said it was an operator error. You know what ASSUME can stand for right. Just to be sure?:)

i didnt assume anything.

please re-read my posts.

Either way, I don't really know the software you're working with, so the only advice I can offer is to Google it and to call customer support.

i didnt assume anything.

please re-read my posts.

I must be getting sensitive in my old age.

First time I read an insinuation. I have legit lincenses on pretty much everything I own or I don't use it, so I overeacted. But your right you didn't assume so I apologize. And really thanks for the help.

I must be getting sensitive in my old age.

First time I read an insinuation. I have legit lincenses on pretty much everything I own or I don't use it, so I overeacted. But your right you didn't assume so I apologize. And really thanks for the help.

I don't think you are being sensitive.

I think your first responder is being a bit disingenuous in his subsequent responses. There is, in my view, if not an accusation, a strong insinuation in his initial response. After all, the advice he offered was sound. There was no reason for him to offer the extra bit of information about warez. Later asserting that it was just an observation about warez users in general was a little bit cute.

Back