VST in modal window?

YanKleber

Retired
So, this is not really an 'issue'... more to something annoying...

Some of the VST I have will open stuck within the Reaper FX window.
Some others will open in a separate window as a separate program.

The problem is that these that open in a separate window disappear when I click onto Reaper. I would like to know if there is something I can do force those plugin windows to stay ALWAYS modal (in front of Reaper no matter what). I tried to "pin" it (click on that small pin in the top-right) but for any weird reason it doesn't seem always work... sometimes it does and others it doesn't...

Any idea?

Thanks!

:thumbs up:

Last edited:
As far as I know, if you're running the 64-bit version of Reaper, 32-bit plugins run in their own floating window, and 64-bit plugs dock in Reaper's FX window. Reaper handles them differently because it has to internally bridge the 32-bit vsts into a 64-bit environment. Something about that process makes them behave differently.

I'm not sure if it's the same behavior on the 32-bit version of Reaper.

Tadpui, probably this is the reason then. I am running W7 64 here and I have a few 32 bits VST. Have to live with it then! Thanks!

:p

I agree though, it does get annoying. I tend to use the Kjearhaus Classic Series plugs a lot, and they're old 32-bit plugins. Same for the Variety Of Sound plugins. They're always "on top" of everything else in the display, and they always default to being displayed every time I open a project. I've gotten spoiled with the behavior of the 64-bit plugins that just live in the FX window.

Time to get a second screen! :D
It really would be the ideal scenario!

Unfortunately I can't see room for it. My office is a small room of 2,5 x 3m that I use as my daily work office, recording studio and handicraft/scale model shop. So, I have my computer desk and two small work benches beside some closets attached attached to the walls. My computer desk is already crowded by the screen, two small speaker monitors and the desktop computer case and the desk is surrounded by two hi-fi big loudspeakers so I don't have any room for a bigger desk...

Probably I could move the computer off of the desk, put a shelf in the wall over the monitor and move the small speakers to the shelf since I don't use them for mixing (I use my big loudspeakers instead). This way I could get the exact space for an extra screen. Hmmmm... I hate you...

:rolleyes:

Back