tracks showing offline

When you moved your projects over to the new drive, did you move all of the audio files associated with them?

Reaper shows files offline when it cannot find the relative path for those files. If you move the files to the same folder as the project file they should be found by Reaper.

It makes good practice to create a folder and save a new project when you start a new project. Helps keep projects ans their files tidy in seperate folders from each other.

The path to the files is lost.

Try click on INSERT (in the top line) navigate to the folder, select the file/s>open & save! :)

First step is to figure out where the files are now that you have changed drives.

Second step: open up a Reaper project.

When it says it can't find the files, use the dialog box's browse function to navigate to where the files are.

Reaper, once it has found one, will find all the rest.

Once you have it all back together, explicitly 'save as' the project so that everything stays reconnected.

I don't know how you manage your Reaper projects, but it's good practice to keep all the files for a particular project in a specific folder for that project. That makes saving, backing up[ and finding again a lot easier.

So Reaper calls missing files 'off line. Shoot I thought he meant they were out of place in the proj.

First step is to figure out where the files are now that you have changed drives.

Second step: open up a Reaper project.

When it says it can't find the files, use the dialog box's browse function to navigate to where the files are.

Reaper, once it has found one, will find all the rest.

Once you have it all back together, explicitly 'save as' the project so that everything stays reconnected.

I don't know how you manage your Reaper projects, but it's good practice to keep all the files for a particular project in a specific folder for that project. That makes saving, backing up[ and finding again a lot easier.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I had to browse to each track for each project but it worked. I will be getting an external drive tomorrow so this does not happen again. Thanks again all.:thumbs up:

Thanks for all the advice guys. I had to browse to each track for each project but it worked. ..
Ok I'm curious then. Once you navigate Reaper to the first file (per a project I'd assume, and the rest are in the same general place?).. Does it not clue into and find the rest of them there?
Thanks

Ok I'm curious then. Once you navigate Reaper to the first file (per a project I'd assume, and the rest are in the same general place?).. Does it not clue into and find the rest of them there?
Thanks

Once it has found the first file for a project, it will find the rest belonging to that project.

However, you would have to do this for each project.

Once it has found the first file for a project, it will find the rest belonging to that project.

Ok that's kind of what I've had Sonar do too (it might have gotten by you Atkron?
(I have Reaper BTW, just keep going with '8.5 Sonar for now.. 'till it 'won't go no more ..maybe then :)

in addition to all the good advice posted; naming the takes when the save window pops up, makes it easier to find if they get lost. (instead of looking through a long list of numbers)

Sorry all, been in Detroit working for awhile. I had to browse to each track, once I re-connected the 1st track, it would not find the rest. I may have been doing it wrong but that is the only way I could get it to work. Thanks!

Back