Thank god it's portable

billyshuler

I've been a samplitude user from the beginning but I could only work on it on my main computer. For the past few days I've used Reaper running off of my flash drive on many different computers. I'm so glad that a software this powerful that is also portable has been created. I actually think I may be converting from samplitude full time once a couple more features are added.

There are two things which always have me going back to samplitude no matter what software I try. The main option being a dedicated mono switch on the master channel, I have a set of stereo monitors and a single monitor that I use for checking the mix in mono. With the mono switch on the master channel in samplitude all I have to do is click on the mono switch and then I have a footswitch that I use to switch to the single monitor. So I can all that in less than a couple of seconds without having to go through any menus. The second thing is dedicated automation switches on the channel faders. Just click the autmation switch to record automation and also have the recorded automation played back through the faders so that I can see what is happening if I need to.

There are two things which always have me going back to samplitude no matter what software I try. The main option being a dedicated mono switch on the master channel, I have a set of stereo monitors and a single monitor that I use for checking the mix in mono. With the mono switch on the master channel in samplitude all I have to do is click on the mono switch and then I have a footswitch that I use to switch to the single monitor. So I can all that in less than a couple of seconds without having to go through any menus.

107915104330-siderite_oneD-8-%5Bmodified%5D-REAPER-v2.003-Registered-to-cockos-Commercial-OEM-license.png

This switch will switch between mono and stereo, hopefully soon there will be a assignable hotkey for this too.

Mono modes available here are L+R, L, R and L-R

Explain at the reaper forum how you want the automation and if its possible someone will make you a macro or AHK script to pull it off.

Thank you, I don't know why I didn't notice that before! Ok I will go over to the forums, i really am impressed with this software, the developer must be really talented and generous too.

Back