Sweetverbo - setting reverb length for vocals

damianhk

I like the reverb program sweetverbo, very smooth IMO. I noticed the default setting was 864 for reverb length. Should i set this according to BPM. BPM on new song is 98. I'm wondering how 864 was chosen. What do you normally do for reverb length? Thank You for all responses. I did find some charts for bpm and milliseconds for reverb. But, right now, i'm not experienced enough to know the difference between dotted, triplet, 1/4, 1/8, etc. I'd like to keep it simple, but whatever works.mix.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, that's the echo portion of the effect. I have the same settings. That's a little slapback, i believe, a doubling. I usually don't adjust it. Still learning, and i think the sweetverbo is very slick sounding. I'll probably learn on it, and the stock settings are great. Looking to maybe improve the effect according to bpm, and find out how others are using it.

Thanks for pointing that out. Odd.. when I selected Reverb the section with those settings turned into a blank, white square. After reading your response, I checked it again and the settings appeared. They're identical to yours.

nBPhO5r.jpg

i get the best results at around -38 wet. You can't really detect the reverb with the instruments, but it pulls the vocals back a bit, and when you solo the vocal, it has a nice slick tail. You can definitely hear the difference compared to the track with no reverb.

Back