Sudden internet disconnect wipes plugin from folder

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Wow. My wi-fi internet was down almost all day yesterday. It crashed when I had Reaper open in a project - not running.

When my internet reconnected, I opened my Reaper project and several pop-up windows appeard telling me the drumkit I had saved with my project could not be found. The whole thing went AWOL !

I guess the abrubt disconnect from my internet service scrambled something and deleted the kit. That's a vulnerability I'm not too pleased with. Luckily, however, the original .zip folder was intact - so all I had to do was re-install it in the plugins folder.

That's the second weird thing that's happened in Reaper in as many days. I've got tons of GBs in Ram and C: Drive, as well as a 3.4GHz i3 processor - and nearly zero CPU usage... so nothing is hogging the system. I should also note that it was only our wi-fi router's disconnect from the internet.. not a power failure.

Thanks, jiff ;). I'm good there with Auto Save and Prompt to Save. Going to a back-up wouldn't work in this instance because the plugin wasn't there to be found.

I've never had it happen that way, but opening up a project, I've had Reaper tell me it can't find the VST files. I close the project, go to the VST options and rescan the folders, fixes it every time.

Back