Stock Plug-Ins II

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Does Reaper come with a drum kit?

I've found a kit I want to add when I purchase Reaper, but I wouldn't mind playing around with a factory kit.

Well, there's a couple of super simple synths and samplers - even a drum synth - included with Reaper that can be used in conjunction with other plugins and Reaper's own routing and Parameter Modulation/Linking much like a modular synthesizer to do all kinds of cool things...

But no. If you're looking for anything approximating a real drum kit, no. I know people have done some pretty extensive work settting up drum samples in one or the other of Reaper's samplers to get some pretty good results. I'd imagine you can download the samples and a Track Template for that somewhere, but it doesn't come with the basic install, and frankly none of these things are very easy for most new users to even imagine, let alone set up and use.

Luckily, there's lots of great freeware, and the money you save on Reaper's license maybe leaves you some money to spend on a couple of third party plugs.

Last night, I found a kit and posted a new thread in the Equipment Forums: VSTs

Analogue Drums has a free kit. Great sounds.

I'm expecting my interface to arrive by Saturday. Once I install that I'll DL Reaper, then the free drum kit above - see how it all works.

Last edited:
Back