Sharing files from GarageBand or logic to reaper

Simian Drunk

Hello reaper users. My friend and I live across the country from each other, he uses reaper and I use logic and garage band. Can I just send him the song files as is or do I have to change the file type for him to be able to upload them into reaper? Cheers and thanks in advance for the help

Simian,
Although I have never tried to Import an AIFF file into Reaper, my quick research says it will play it. You can send one to your buddy, and see if it works. I do not use Logic or GB, so I do not know if it can export to a .wav file. Another option would be to convert your AIFF files to .Wav files, with a freebie-editor like Audacity.
Dale

Are you hoping to share the entire multitrack project, or just a mixdown of the final mix?

You've got to convert/render each track into its own AIFF or WAV file, then your friend can load each into its own track in Reaper.

I was a Logic user, and I started a recording project with a friend who used Reaper. Though we couldn't share project files, we could share the WAV files, which is what we did for a while.

However, it soon became apparent that that was not the most effective way of doing things, so I switched to Reaper. After that we were able to take over each other's project files.

The two remaining problems after that were version tracking and working out how to deal with each of us having a different set of plugins.

Back