Sending 1 VST Effect across multiple tracks?

Muzzaman

Anyone know if its possible to send a VST across multiple tracks?

For example say I have 4 guitar tracks and I want to apply say a cabinet simulation with identical settings to each track, I know I can add the VST to each track individually but can I add it to all for in one command?

Also does this means REAPER would only process one VST instead of four saving my CPU cycles?

Any ideas guys?

Muzza

OK think I create and FX BUS, and route the dry tracks to that BUS to share the VST FX's :)

Muzza

EDIT: Yup it works in case anyone wonders! :)

Just create a track and name it FX BUS, then open I/O on the new track and add new receives!

Or you can put all the guitar tracks in 1 "folder" and put the FX you want applied to all of them in that folder.

OK got the folders working but no idea how to add a global VST to all tracks in folder! :(

Muzza

Just add the plugin to the parent track. Like this:

Guitars (add FX to this track)
>>gtr1
>>gtr2
>>gtr3
>>gtr4

Also, you don't need to name your bus "FX BUS" you can name it anything you'd like! And, you can create a send/receive by dragging a send slot in the mixer, or the IO button to another track. :)

Just add the plugin to the parent track. Like this:

Guitars (add FX to this track)
>>gtr1
>>gtr2
>>gtr3
>>gtr4

Also, you don't need to name your bus "FX BUS" you can name it anything you'd like! And, you can create a send/receive by dragging a send slot in the mixer, or the IO button to another track. :)

Thank you! Most helpful indeed, great stuff!

Muzza

Back