Routing?...or something?

I'm trying to record two tracks simultaneously from a single guitar, and I can't seem to separate them properly. I'm trying to use my delay pedal as a stereo splitter, as it has dual outputs. Left(mono/out 1) and right.

My chain is
-guit->EQ->delay(stereo split)->OD pedal(L)/OD pedal(R)->DAW(PreSonus firestudio).

I guess I'm just not understanding the routing matrix or something. I want one OD pedal sent to a single track, and the the other sent to a separate track. Both signals are coming thru, but I can't isolate them. Help, please, before I throw something expensive thru a wall

You have them each running to a separate input on the Firestudio? Make sure you're selecting the corresponding Mono input in the input drop down for each track. Should be done. Maybe post a picture of your TCP so we can see what's going on?

not sure what a "TCP" is, but yes, I have one line running into input 1, and the other running into input 2 on the interface. I can hear both pedals whether they are on, off, or any combination of the two, in both tracks

for example, I'm splitting my guitar signal into input 1 with an OD pedal in front, and input 2 with a fuzz pedal in front. I "thought" I was sending input 1 to track 15, and input 2 to track 16, but when I solo track 15(in this example), I can hear both pedal distortions. I tried panning hard left and right thinking it had something to do with my monitoring output, but no luck

if I had to, I could transfer screenshots from the desk to the laptop, but thats a real PITA

thnx in advance for any help

TCP = Track Control Panel = the are to the left of the Arrange Area (timeline/"where the waves show up")

What exactly does the input for each track say? Does the laptop have camera you can use to take a picture of the PC screen, or maybe use your phone?

Oooo...Does your interface have a input/computer mix knob, or some software crap that does the same?

I think you have jut about go it.

You have two outputs from pedal going to eparate inuts in the interface.

In Reaper, create two new tracks (CTRL T).

Use the drop down menu on each track's input to select one each of the presonus.

@ashcat: the only knobs on the interface are input levels(8 total) and a headphone level.

@Zzed: I may be missing it, but I don't see a dropdown menu. Unless you're talking about the i/o window, in which case we're on the same page.

As far as inputs go, 1 and 2 are labeled mic/instrument and 3-8 are mic/line. I'm plugged into 1 and 2. I'm confused about the i/o menu. I assumed it would work the same way an fx loop on a guitar amp would, as they're labeled the same with "send" and "receive"...only, it won't "receive" strictly input 1 onto track 15 (or any arbitrary empty track).

This is kind of RTFM territory, but here goes...

Right click the big red record arm button for one of your tracks. Go down to where it says Input:Mono and a list of your individual inputs will pop out. Pick the one you want. You will probably notice that right below Input:Mono is Input:Stereo, and I'm betting there's a check mark next to it right now, and that's your whole problem.

I'm not near my computer to check, but really hope you're both wrong, cuz if not I'm gonna feel pretty derptastic.

Seems like that could be my problem, tho

Thanks for the help, guys. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but family matters arose.

@Zzed...the pics were super helpful. I got caught up in the I/O menu and was over-complicating things

@ashcat...kudos for reminding me that I can right-click EVERYTHING. I had my inputs set to mono, when stereo was the ticket

Back