Reaper with Windows 7

Good news. :D I'm probably not far from the day I'll have to do a computer upgrade, as my machine is probably 5 years old now (still runs pretty well, though, surprisingly). Glad to hear Reaper's stable on Windows 7. :D

It's working awesome for me. I LOVE this program. I have had problems with some drum plugins etc that aren't up to speed with either 64 bit or Win7 but not Reaper (although I occasionally jumped to the conclusion it was Reaper's fault. Mea Culpa).

Ive got a win7 64 bit test rig here.

Lots of companies and plugs havent made the move yet, but for the stuff that has its been good. The reaper bitbridge is working pretty well, but some plugs dont like it

Ive got a win7 64 bit test rig here.

Lots of companies and plugs havent made the move yet, but for the stuff that has its been good. The reaper bitbridge is working pretty well, but some plugs dont like it
Yeah, I got lucky there. The plugins that I use don't have any problems working with Win7. In fact, because the new laptop is a 7200rpm drive and 4 gigs of ram, most are working much better. No clicks, no pops, no freezing.

All in all, I can't complain. I was thinking of upgrading Reaper before they get past 3.99, but I'd gladly pay for another license if I needed to.

Bump - I'm grabbing a pretty-up-to-date Windows 7 machine for cheap from a buddy of mine who just switched to a Mac. Anything I should know about configuring Reaper on Windows 7? I use a Presonus Firepod (and I already checked - there are Win7 drivers available), if it matters.

Thanks! :D

Bump v2 - so, I'm on a Win7 machine now, and while I haven't done much with it thus far everything seems to be going smoothly.

I'm running 32 bit, though. Assuming the change to 64 won't be an issue (I have a computer savvy friend who's down to do it for however much beer we can drink in the time it takes to back up all my shit, update to 64 bit, and then dump it all back on), what's the performance difference between 32 and 64 like for Reaper?

Bump v2 - so, I'm on a Win7 machine now, and while I haven't done much with it thus far everything seems to be going smoothly.

I'm running 32 bit, though. Assuming the change to 64 won't be an issue (I have a computer savvy friend who's down to do it for however much beer we can drink in the time it takes to back up all my shit, update to 64 bit, and then dump it all back on), what's the performance difference between 32 and 64 like for Reaper?
I upgraded yesterday to version 3.4 /x64. Man, is it ever running smooth. It may be just me, but I noticed a real bump in the clarity of my mixes. Of course, since I am away from my monitors, I am on Sennheiser headphones too, which may account for that. But I am really happy with it so far.

One more thing, if you are going to render to mp3, you'll need to update the lame dll to the 64 bit version too. It's pretty easy to do, if you chose mp3 on the render tab, it'll give you a pop up with a link to the new dll.

One more thing, if you are going to render to mp3, you'll need to update the lame dll to the 64 bit version too. It's pretty easy to do, if you chose mp3 on the render tab, it'll give you a pop up with a link to the new dll.

Oh that reminds me! I should probably do that.. :D

Thanks!

Is anyone using EZDrummer? when I try to drag and drop grooves into Reaper I get an error. I don't get this error in Xp. Probably just EZDrummer not up to par with Win7 yet.

Nevermind, I found the answer in another post. You have run Reaper as Administrater.

Back