Reaper on Linux - Native

DM60

Video with Reaper running native on Linux:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TiZxKZIc8M&feature=youtu.be

USB Audio Interfaces:
Hardware support [Linux-Sound]

I might have to break out some old computers and give it a run. I would mainly use it for portable recording, not so much for mixing at this point. But getting very close.

Lot more USB interface supported. You can check the second link to see if your will work. My early testing, the interface a major hurdle, and Audour wasn't all that great, but this was several years ago. Looks like might be time to go test the waters again.

Hey DM,
Think I'll give this a shot tomorrow too.
Getting to know Reaper properly has been on my to-do list for a while. I used to keep a linux box but for one reason or another it got wiped at some point.

Yea, I have old computers sitting around, I have to get one up and running. I have a couple of the supported USB interfaces I tried with Audour, but I really couldn't take to that DAW. Now I think getting one back up and running is worth it. Even if the major VSTs don't work, great opportunity for a light weight computer to be used for a mobile sound. Which is what I keep looking for.

I had a laptop, low end and it was OK, but since Win10 it doesn't do as well as it did. This might be a solution for that.

Let me know what you find and if I get around to it, I will post my results.

I took a quick look into it. Seems like it's neither new nor finished but promising.
I have an ubuntu box set up now so I might give it a look out of curiosity, but I don't get the impression it's ready for any serious use just yet.

I took a quick look into it. Seems like it's neither new nor finished but promising.
I have an ubuntu box set up now so I might give it a look out of curiosity, but I don't get the impression it's ready for any serious use just yet.

So you're saying I should stick with my current Sox setup for my linux recording box? :(

I'll check it out, but I couldn't get my midi kbd going with jack on Mint, sadly I had to use win7 tonight to get it running, I might still attempt it on the linux box...

Back