Reaper lag/delay when starting playback

FenixDowner

Hey guys,

I was reading a few posts on here hoping to find an answer, but none of the previous threads helped and none seemed to be specific to my issue...so here is my post. I hope someone can help.

Reaper has been running perfectly fine for months and this song has been completed and running all the plug-ins fine for about 3 weeks now. All of a sudden, I have about a 10-15 block where REAPER "stops responding" before finally initiating playback. This happens whether I stop, then play again or move the cursor while playing. The thing I have noticed is that when I stop the FX (delay, reverb, etc.) continues to play and immediately cuts off and the volume meters freeze when I hit play again.

I have tried...
- Uninstalling/reinstalling REAPER
- Adjusting the sample rate and buffer size
- Checking "Don't flush synthesizer plug-ins on stop" under VST
- Running REAPER as admin
- Turning off ALL FX and plug-ins

None of this has been successful nor has it even effected the amount of time delay before playing (roughly 10-15 seconds). REAPER appears to still work just fine, so its not affecting my work, it is just EXTREMELY inconvenient. I have checked my Performance on my PC when this occurs and there is no spike in activity. I have monitored the performance in REAPER as well and it appears the entire program freezes when this happens.

I really hope someone is able to help me find a solution to this consistent inconvenience.

- Justin

Hi FenixDowner

Try right clicking on the metronome button,check if preroll before playback is ticked? :)

Just fixed this, I had the same issue. I fixed it by disabling all Midi Input devices (I had some midi instruments which was enable but shutted down, no idea why but this was causing this 10-15s lag at each playback / record)

Have you try disabling the VSTs? I noticed a lag between hitting play and it actually playing a while ago. After investigation, it turned out to be a VST I had on a track.

Back