PT vrs Reaper?

RFR

I have reaper and it's pretty cool. But I like protools better. :) it's simpler, more intuitive, and I figured out how to use it without a 400 pg owners manual. And it does everything I want and need.
:D

I do have to admit, I like the portable install of reaper. I just plug my thumbdrive into any computer and I'm good to go.
:thumbs up:

At this point, most daws will all do everything you need. The one that has the work flow you are comfortable with is the one you should use.

Do you like the subscription-based business plan of ProTools? If you can afford it, and like it better, just use it..

I have reaper and it's pretty cool. But I like protools better. :) it's simpler, more intuitive, and I figured out how to use it without a 400 pg owners manual. And it does everything I want and need.
:D

Oh wow, you actually went through with it!

Well...The real question isn't Reaper or Protools...Its 'Mac or PC?'! ;)

Ok I'm wanting to make as close to professional grade demos as I can, can Reaper do that or do I need to spend the $$$ for Pro Tools?

Ok I'm wanting to make as close to professional grade demos as I can, can Reaper do that or do I need to spend the $$$ for Pro Tools?

Absolutely, Reaper can do it. Workflow has more to do with what DAW you choose. How they sound is mostly in how you use them.

You could spend the money in ways that have a bigger impact on your finished product.

The thing reaper doesn't have is midi instruments. But I love it for recording, mixing and mastering. The reaplug vsts are amazingly versitile, and free :)

PT got no midi instruments either. But it's stock plugins are great. I particularly like "bomb factory" comp and Sansamp.
Also it has Avid 11 rack

I like Reaper's plugins too. And you get a hell of a lot!

PT got no midi instruments either. But it's stock plugins are great. I particularly like "bomb factory" comp and Sansamp.
Also it has Avid 11 rack

I think Xpand comes bundled with it.
It's basic, but still useful once in a while.

Xpand with a P.
Hey, you should check that out man. It's a bundle of instruments called Air Instrument Pack or something like that....
It a separate installed but it's always been free with full Protools, as far as I know.

There's Xpand which is not much more than an old general midi collection,
but there's a Mini-Grand (piano) and DB-33 (organ) that are actually pretty good!
A synth too..Vacuum maybe? I don't use it.

No need to thank me! :p
Hope it is free. It's possible that it was free back when I was a student and I've just been entitled to it ever since.
I got free upgrades for 5 years so there was less need to scrutinise what you're getting for your money.

The organ is totally usable but I usually dirty it up with lo-fi or something similar.
It has its own controls for that but I prefer using something else. Something to try, if you have access. :

Back