Problem Solved! : No signal at meters - monitor audio in left ear only

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I was hooking up my new mic to my new US-2x2 interface into Reaper - first timer when it comes to mic'ing via interface to DAW. I wanted to make sure I could get levels on a track and master. Well..

I opened Reaper's manual for inputing one mic to record and followed exactly. Didn't work right.

(first problem.. I was getting two audio signals in the left ear headphone - one latent - which was corrected by turning Record Monitoring OFF .. "put ze cahndleshtik bak!")

At first, my problem was not getting track or master input signals at the meters. Also at the same time, using headphones to monitor, I was only getting audio in the left ear. The audio sounded great, though only left ear. No adjustments on the interface changed this, so I went into Reaper Preferences and began changing a couple things - at this point, the input signals appeared on both master and track fader meters.. but still only left ear in my headphones.

I went back to Preferences Audio and selected different sound drivers and.. I don't remember what I did exactly, but I adjusted or set something that overloaded the interface and I lost input signal at all the meters, and the left-only audio turned to total distortion.

Thought I fried my interface, but I fixed that with an un-install / install.

Now, I hook everything up the same way AGAIN, and everything works perfectly. I've got signals at all fader meters and BOTH left/right in headphones. Unbelieveable..

I'm thinking the driver was the problem from the start and the new install cleared it all out.

Here's the Preferences > Audio > Device settings I had to use for a Tascam US-2x2 interface
y0Bcswx.png

Last edited:
Hi again Spantini,
You did download & install the drivers?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...2/downloads/&usg=AOvVaw24YkxGxiGJxgfP_nLU630G

Usually Asio will be in the top drop down box? (Audio System), I think Wave out is the computers own sound? :confused:

Thank you, jiff. Yes. I did install the proper driver, but when I first opened Preferences to make sure it was there, WavOut was up and everything seemed to be working well with that so I left it alone. But... after reading Mack's reply, I have changed it around a bit. See next post.

[MENTION=174503]spantini[/MENTION], this is what you want to set your device input to in Reaper. Bypassing the ASIO file is like buying a Corvette and never taking it out of 1st gear. You can download the needed drivers here for your system.

View attachment 100671

Thank you, Mack! ;)

I have changed the Audio System from WavOut to ASIO. When I did that, the sample rate changed from 44.1 to 96 - - I reset it to 44.1. I've included an image of the screen below.

G735hex.png

Have you had a look/click on the 'ASIO Configuration' box just below the 'request sample rate' box?, I've got some of my selections in there! :cool:

(Different interface but worth looking into?)

I did check the ASIO Configuration box in Preferences, this just opened the interface control settings windows which I had already setup on installation - so I'm good there. The first pop-up there says to make sure to select the US-2x2 & 4x4 Mixing Driver along with ASIO.

Back