PLEASE HELP! Scary problem that's screwed up ALL my Reaper projects!

famous beagle

Hey y'all,

Tonight I really f*cked something up. I'm really hoping there's a simple fix for this because otherwise I'll be out a lot of money.

Here's what happened: I was looking for a shuffle drum loop sample, and I remembered a cool one from the program DrumKore that I used to use with Mackie Tracktion (before I started using Reaper). I'm not super savy when it comes to importing loops, etc. I know how to do it with Reaper, but this DrumKore program interfaced with Tracktion in a way that it won't with Reaper.

Anyway, I tried to drag and drop a loop from DrumKore into Reaper, and I got a message that said ... I really can't remember what it said. It asked me if I wanted to adjust the tempo or something like that. It didn't seem harmful, so I clicked "yes." (I remember that while I was dragging the loop into Reaper, it said something about "REX" on it. I know that's a type of file, but I don't know much else about it.) Then the shit hit the fan.

Every wav file on the screen all of the sudden sprouted this little green box with what looks like a white "I" on it. When you hover the mouse over it, it says "Resampled at 44.1K" or something to that effect.

I tried to undo, and it didn't help. I closed the file without saving. I closed Reaper and even restarted the computer. It doesn't matter. Whenever I open ANY Reaper project now, all the wav files have that green box on them.

Now that's annoying, but the real problem is that nothing plays correctly. It all sounds terribly slow and digitally distorted. I mean, it sounds nothing like the real thing.

PLEASE somebody tell me this is just a setting I need to change or something!

I listened to some individual wav files of guitar parts, and they sound fine. So the audio files themselves aren't corrupted. It's just something (I'm guessing) that got messed up in Reaper or whatever when I tried to import that Loop.

Thanks for any help on this! I will lose thousands of dollars if I can't fix this!

Ah no biggie. Don't worry :)

Press Alt + Enter on your keyboard. You should be able to change the sample rate there.

If that doesn't work, you can try it in Preferences/Device in the "Request sample rate" box to have REAPER always request a sample rate.

If that STILL doesn't work (not sure why it wouldn't...) click the "ASIO configuration..." button in Preferences/Device and adjust your interface's sample rate to match your items in REAPER.

:)

Lol. Yeah, it's no big deal. That drum thing you imported must have been a different smaple rate than what you already had. Just do what dbop said.

Thanks y'all. I figured it had to be something like that, but it was still a scary experience.

Strangely enough, when I booted up this morning, it had fixed itself. Everything works fine now, and I didn't have to adjust anything.

Who knows?

Could have been a driver thing.

I know there have been times (not just with REAPER) where my DAW was trying to run at one sample rate and my interface was operating at another.

Either way, I'm glad it's fixed! :)

Back